Entering one of the top universities in Japan requires a lot of preparation and hard work, including knowing the entrance exam requirements and scoring well in the tests. Aichi Shukutoku University, also known as ASU, is one of the popular universities in Aichi Prefecture. It is known for its high-quality education and research programs, which is why many students aim to study here. In this article, we will discuss the ASU entrance exam requirements, the average deviation value, and tips to help you pass the exam.
What is ASU?
Aichi Shukutoku University is a private university located in Nagakute City, Aichi Prefecture. It was founded in 1966 and is known for its strong academic programs, including business, education, and humanities. The university has two campuses, Meitetsu Seto and Meitetsu Inuyama, and offers undergraduate and graduate programs.
ASU Entrance Exam Requirements
Like other universities in Japan, ASU has a strict entrance exam requirement for admission. To apply for the entrance exam, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.3 on a 3.0 scale
- Pass the ASU entrance exam
- Submit all necessary documents on time
The ASU entrance exam consists of two parts: the written test and the interview. The written test includes subjects like Japanese, English, math, science, and social studies. The interview is conducted to evaluate your personality, motivation, and communication skills.
ASU Average Deviation Value
The ASU average deviation value is the score you need to obtain to pass the entrance exam. The deviation value varies every year, depending on the difficulty level of the exam and the number of applicants. In 2021, the ASU average deviation value was 44.2 for the humanities and 42.9 for the sciences.
It is important to note that the deviation value is not the passing score. It is just the average score of all the applicants who took the exam. Therefore, you need to aim for a higher score to increase your chances of getting admitted to ASU.
Tips to Pass the ASU Entrance Exam
Here are some tips to help you pass the ASU entrance exam:
- Start preparing early: Don’t wait until the last minute to start preparing for the exam. Give yourself enough time to study and practice.
- Know the exam format: Familiarize yourself with the exam format and the types of questions that will be asked.
- Practice past exams: Practice past exams to get an idea of the difficulty level and the types of questions that will be asked.
- Improve your Japanese: Japanese is an important subject in the ASU entrance exam. Improve your Japanese skills by reading, writing, and speaking in Japanese regularly.
- Improve your English: English is another important subject in the ASU entrance exam. Improve your English skills by reading, writing, and speaking in English regularly.
- Take mock exams: Take mock exams to simulate the actual exam and evaluate your performance.
- Stay focused and calm: Stay focused and calm during the exam. Don’t panic if you don’t know the answer to a question.
ASU is a top university in Aichi Prefecture, known for its high-quality education and research programs. To get admitted to ASU, you need to meet the entrance exam requirements and score well in the exam. Knowing the exam format, practicing past exams, and improving your language skills are some of the tips that can help you pass the exam. With dedication and hard work, you can achieve your dream of studying at ASU.